Skip the ER, Visit us in Kent & Renton, WA
Reasons to consider Urgent Care versus Hospital Emergency Room
Better value than Emergency Room – A recent study shows emergency room costs are approximately 700% more than the cost for the same level of quality medical care received at an urgent care facility.
Time Savings – The ER fortunately triages emergency conditions to the top of their list. However, this means when you go, if your issue is not life threatening you will be put at the bottom of the list and often wait 4-6 hours before you’re seen. At AFC Urgent Care Southcenter, our door-to-door time is usually under 1 hour.
Lower copayments – Many major insurance companies recognize the cost and time saving advantages of urgent care clinics, so co-payments may be substantially lower than Emergency Room co-pays.
U.S. Government – According to the Division of Health Care Statistics, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, only 15 percent of patients seen at hospital emergency rooms were truly emergency cases. This means approximately 85% of patients that go to an ER do not have a true medical emergency.
AFC Urgent Care Southcenter offers an alternate option that:
- Eases the strain on the overburdened ER system
- Provides patients with reduced costs of care
- Decreases patient wait time
- All this with superb medical treatment, in a welcoming environment
- No Facility Fee – We submit your insurance claim and you receive a single bill. Emergency rooms and hospital owned urgent care clinics charge you both a facility fee and a fee for the physician’s service. So, not only are your charges much higher at the ER but you‘ll generally receive two bills!
For more information, visit us at AFC Urgent Care Southcenter, conveniently located in Kent, WA just south of Seattle’s city limits. Feel free to call us at 425-970-8117 if you have any questions.